eBook - Safe Patient Handling and Mobility: Interprofessional National Standards
- ISBN: 9781558105201
- PUB# 9781558105201
Injuries and musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs) are common in nurses and other healthcare workers and are often caused by manually lifting and moving patients. This is more than just an inconvenience; these injuries are often life altering and career ending.
ANA’s new breakthrough guide will help to prevent injuries and protect nurses and other healthcare workers. The guide contains eight overarching safe patient handling and mobility (SPHM) standards. These national interdisciplinary standards address the responsibilities of the employer or health care organization and those of healthcare workers and ancillary/support staff and are applicable across the care continuum.
Following these standards is critical for hospitals and other healthcare organizations in promoting a culture of safety through the development of safe and effective SPHM programs. Don’t waste another day. Protect employees, improve attendance rates and reduce workers' compensation costs. For more information on SPHM programs go here.
ANA Digital Download Policy
The American Nurses Association holds the copyright on all published materials in print and electronic formats. In accessing an eBook from Nursesbooks.org, you have agreed to download the content for individual use only. After you purchase and download this title you:
- are allowed three days to download the eBook and only one download per book.
- are entitled to print the ANA eBook PDF for your own use.
- may not make multiple copies, broadcast, store (in any medium), transmit, display, adapt or modify in any way the content for any other purpose without prior written permission.
- may not lend, sell or give the ANA PDF eBook to another user.
- may not place the ANA PDF eBook file on a network or an file sharing service for use by anyone other than yourself or allow anyone else to access it.
All eBook purchases are final and non-refundable.
Multi-user Access (site licenses)
If you have questions about these restrictions or need further assistance, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Member Price: $23.75 | List Price: $25.46